Canada Family Sponsorship Lawyer
How Can We Help?

    Upload File Related to Your Case (max file size 25mb):

    Sponsor Your Family to Canada

    Fill out our FREE Family Sponsorship Assessment form to see if you qualify.

    Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor certain close family members who are citizens of other countries to immigrate to Canada.

    Family Sponsorship Services

    Canadian citizens or permanent residents can sponsor certain foreign family members for permanent residence in Canada through the Family Class Sponsorship category. This includes a spouse, partner, parent, or child. Applications to sponsor a family member are generally processed through Canadian visa offices abroad where the foreign family member is living in another country, or they may be processed through an immigration office in Canada where the foreign family member is inside the country.

    Spousal Sponsorship

    Spousal sponsorship is a two-step application in which the Canadian first applies to the government to be approved as a sponsor, then once that application is approved, the foreign spouse or partner applies for permanent residence on this basis.

    Common-Law Partner Sponsorship

    A common-law relationship means an opposite or same-sex couple that has cohabited together in a conjugal or marriage-like relationship for a period of at least one year excluding any brief breaks of cohabitation due to work and family obligations.

    Conjugal Partner Sponsorship

    A conjugal partner relationship exists where two people are in a marriage-like relationship but are not married and have not lived together for a period of at least one year due to extenuating circumstances.

    Sponsor Children to Canada

    Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their foreign-born dependent child or children to immigrate to Canada. A dependent child means a child under the age of 22 who is unmarried and not in a common-law relationship. The child may be your biological or adopted child.

    Sponsor Parents to Canada

    Sponsored parents and grandparents will obtain permanent resident status, allowing them to live in Canada indefinitely, to work or study and access to social services such as medical care. A parental sponsorship application is a two-step process whereby the Canadian applies to be approved as a sponsor.

    Undeclared Family Sponsorship

    Family members include your spouse or common-law partner, any dependent children, and any dependent children of your dependent children (grandchildren). If you fail to provide information on or don’t disclose a family member on your application, they are considered ‘undeclared’.

    We Can Help Bring Your Family to Canada

    Here’s how we can help you:

    The Immigration Law Firm of Matthew Jeffery has over 20 years of experience helping clients sponsor family to Canada. We specialize in handling all types of family immigration matters with high success rates. To see if you qualify for family sponsorship, fill out our FREE Sponsorship Assessment form. 


    Shamil & Nino

    We helped answer Shamil & Nino’s burning questions such as the difference between applications made in and outside Canada. Shamil was concerned about her wife’s ability to work in Canada while the application was being processed. We addressed these concerns, prepared the necessary documents and filed their application in a professional, organized and thorough manner.

    We are happy to have helped Shamil bring Nino into Canada in a professional and smooth immigration process. At the law office or Matthew Jeffery, we strive to help couples like Shamil and Nino fulfill their dream of building their new life together in Canada.