Canadian Immigration Services

  • Specializing in All Types of Immigration Cases
  • Over 20 Years of Experience
  • Excellent Success Rate
How Can We Help?

    Knowledge. Experience. Professionalism.

    Immigration Services

    Family Sponsorships

    We provide the full range of services to assist Canadian citizens and permanent residents to bring their foreign family members to live in Canada. Our firm’s many years of experience with spousal and common-law partner sponsorships provides unparalleled expertise and guidance through Canada’s complex sponsorship process.

    Spousal sponsorships

    A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their foreign national husband or wife for permanent residence in Canada.
    Read More

    Common-law partner sponsorships

    Canadian citizens or permanent residents can sponsor a foreign national partner if they been living together continuously for at least one year.
    Read More

    Parental sponsorships

    Canadian citizens or permanent residents can sponsor their foreign parents for permanent residence if they have sufficient income to do so.
    Read More

    Child sponsorships

    A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their foreign national child for permanent residence in Canada.
    Read More

    Super visas

    Foreign parents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can apply for a super visa which allows for extended visits of up to two years at a time.
    Read More

    Express Entry Applications

    The advent of the Express Entry system has added a new layer of complexity onto Canada’s already complicated immigration system. The Law Office of Matthew Jeffery has been working with the E.E. since its inception, and has developed an in-depth expertise in setting up E.E. profiles, and assisting successful registrants to apply for permanent residence.

    Express Entry profiles

    An Express Entry profile must be created in order to apply for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Category, or Federal Skilled Trades Category.
    Read More

    Skilled Worker applications

    Or many years the Skilled Worker category has been the main source of immigration to Canada. Foreign nationals who possess higher education, have skilled work experience, and can speak English or French can apply for permanent residence as a Skilled Worker.
    Read More

    Provincial Nomination applications

    Each province in Canada has its own small immigration program and can nominate a limited number of new immigrants each year.
    Read More

    Canadian Experience Class applications

    Those who have at least one year or skilled work experience in Canada and who can speak good English or French can apply for permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class.
    Read More

    Labour Market Impact Assessments

    A job offer in Canada that has been government-approved through the Labour Market Impact Assessment process can be used for purposes of applying for permanent residence or in order to obtain a work permit.
    Read More

    Permanent Resident Card Renewals

    Extending a permanent resident card for a further five years can be a complex undertaking. Our office has years of experience with highly complicated P.R. card renewal cases, bringing our clients a level of expertise that is unmatched in the industry.

    P.R. card renewals on exceptional or H&C grounds

    A permanent resident who has not met the residency requirement can renew their PR card on humanitarian grounds if some exceptional circumstance has prevented them from residing in Canada. A renewal may also be made if the permanent resident has been working for a Canadian company abroad or has been accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse abroad.
    Read More

    Regular P.R. card renewals

    Those permanent residents who have met the residency requirement of being in Canada for at least 2 in the past 5 years can renew their permanent resident card on this basis.
    Read More

    Travel Document applications

    Permanent residents who are outside of Canada and whose PR card has expired can apply for a travel document in order to return to Canada.
    Read More

    Residency Appeals

    A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their foreign national child for permanent residence in Canada.
    Read More

    Business Immigration Program

    While immigration to Canada is mostly the jurisdiction of the Federal Government in Canada, each of Canada’s provinces has its own small immigration program whereby the provincial government can nominate individuals for immigration to their province based on their own specific criteria.
    Read More

    Federal Self-Employed Program

    There are several programs that allow entrepreneurs and self-employed persons to immigrate to Canada. The federal government uses the Self-Employed Program to attract individuals who are willing and are able to be self-employed.
    Read More

    Entrepreneur Immigration

    The Federal Immigration Entrepreneur Program was a once popular program that was designed to bring in experienced entrepreneurs for the growth of the economy. However, the program was permanently closed on the 19th of June, 2014 after the passing of Bill C-31.
    However, if you are an entrepreneur and you still want to come to Canada, all hope is not lost.
    Read More

    Investor Immigration Programs

    The Federal Immigrant Investor Program or IIP was discontinued in mid-2014. However, a few provincial programs serving the same purpose still exist. These are the Manitoba Business Investor Stream (previously known as Manitoba Provincial Nominee Business Program) and the Quebec Investor Immigration Program.
    Read More

    Quebec Investor Program

    Quebec is a province in Canada that has jurisdiction over its own immigration program. The Quebec government has put in place several programs to attract and to retain foreigners that it feels will add value to the society and the economy. To attract investment into the economy, Quebec has instituted the Quebec investor program.
    Read More

    Work Permit

    Work permits and work visas allow you to work and earn a living in Canada. The Canadian federal government and Canadian provinces and territories have different programs aimed at bringing in individuals who would contribute positively to Canada economically, socially, and culturally. These programs have different work permits and work visas.
    Read More

    Labour Market Impact Assessment

    In Canada, the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) allows employers to get temporary workers who meet certain requirements. This program is designed to help employers fill temporary skill and labour shortages.
    Read More

    Intra-Company Transferee

    The Canadian International Mobility Program (IMP) allows employers to get employees from outside Canada without the requirement of a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
    Read More

    NAFTA Work Permit

    The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is an agreement that was signed by the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, creating a North American trilateral trade bloc.
    NAFTA has many provisions, including provisions touching on labour movement across the 3 countries.
    Read More

    Significant Benefit Work Permit

    This permit is only given to individuals who demonstrate to the immigration officers assessing their Significant Benefit Work Permit application that they will indeed contribute to the society and provide opportunities for citizens and permanent residents.
    Read More

    Study Permits

    Foreign nationals who have been accepted into a school program in Canada can apply for a Study Permit to allow them to study in Canada.

    Study Permits are temporary visas whose validity period are tied to the duration of the school program, usually between one and four years.

    To qualify for a Study Permit the applicant must show that they are registered in the school program, and that they have sufficient funds to pay their tuition and to support themselves in Canada while they are studying.

    The immigration authorities will also assess the intentions of the applicant and whether they are likely to return to their home country at the end of their studies.
    Read More

    Matthew Jeffery Law Office can assist you to apply for a study permit if you have gained admission into a Canadian school and have financial support for your studies. Please contact us for further information.

    Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas

    Persons who simply wish to visit Canada for business or for pleasure may need to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa before doing so.

    Citizens of some countries are exempt from this requirement but most are not.These visas may be single or multiple-entry, and typically allow a visitor to enter and remain in Canada for up to 6 months at a time.

    Generally speaking, when assessing an application for a Temporary Resident Visa, the immigration authorities will consider the purpose of the visit, whether the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay, and whether the applicant is likely to return to their home country at the end of their visit.

    If the visa applicant has a good reason for wanting to come to Canada and otherwise meets the relevant criteria, then they will likely be approved.
    However, the approval of this type of visa application is highly discretionary on the part of the visa officer, so a properly prepared application is essential for success.
    Read More

    Business Visitor Visa

    If you are planning to visit Canada on business, you may require a business visitor visa depending on your country of origin. You will get a temporary residence business visa that allows you to conduct prescribed business activities.
    Read More

    Super Visas

    A super visa is a type of long-term visitor visa for foreign parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
    Read More


    Canadian employers who wish to hire a foreign worker may first need to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the government human resources authorities.
    Read More

    Citizenship Applications

    Permanent residents of Canada who have fulfilled the requirements to apply for citizenship will benefit from the expert guidance of our office to best ensure the quick success of their application. We have years of experience dealing with highly complex citizenship matters and offer unparalleled expertise to those applying for Canadian citizenship.

    Citizenship applications

    Canadian permanent residents can apply for citizenship if they have physically resided in Canada for a specified period of time.
    Read More

    Residency questionnaires

    In the course of a citizenship application the citizenship authorities may request further information in order to ascertain whether an applicant is actually meeting the residency requirement for citizenship.
    Read More

    Citizenship interviews

    If the citizenship authorities have continuing doubts as to whether an applicant is meeting the requirements to obtain citizenship, they may schedule an interview either with a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge.
    Read More

    Citizenship appeals

    Where a citizenship application has been rejected by the authorities, an appeal may be made to the Federal Court within 30 days.
    Read More

    Citizenship revocation matters

    A job offer in Canada that has been government-approved through the Labour Market Impact Assessment process can be used for purposes of applying for permanent residence or in order to obtain a work permit.
    Read More

    Immigration Appeals

    With years of experience assisting clients with highly complicated appeal matters, our office offers unparalleled services in all types of immigration appeals. We can also assist those who need to respond to letters of concern issued by the immigration authorities, or those who have been convoked for an immigration interview.

    Federal Court Judicial Review

    Those whose immigration applications have been rejected by the authorities on any basis can appeal to the Federal Court by way of application for leave and judicial review within 15 or 60 days, depending on the place of refusal.
    Read More

    Residency Appeals

    Permanent residents of Canada who have lost their status as a result of a refused PR card renewal application or a refused travel document application can appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division within 60 days.
    Read More

    Sponsorship Appeals

    Canadian citizens or permanent residents whose application to sponsor a family member has been refused by the immigration authorities can appeal to the immigration appeal division within 30 days.
    Read More

    Misrepresentation Appeals

    A permanent resident who has been found guilty of misrepresentation can appeal this finding to the Immigration Appeal Division within 30 days.
    Read More

    Removal Order Appeals

    Permanent residents who have lost their status and been ordered to leave Canada on the basis or criminality or misrepresentation can appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division within 30 days.
    Read More

    U.S.A. to Canada Immigration

    Canada welcomes citizens of the United States of America to visit, study, work, or live permanently in the country.

    US citizens can enter Canada as visitors without a visa for up to six months at a time.

    To study or work in Canada, a US citizen would need to obtain the appropriate permit, which will require an application to the Canadian immigration authorities.

    U.S. citizens can also obtain permanent residence in Canada through various programs, including the Express Entry / Skilled Worker category, or by family sponsorship if they have a spouse or partner who is a Canadian, again through making the appropriate application to the Canadian immigration authorities.

    Once permanent residence is obtained, a US citizen can eventually obtain Canadian citizenship.
    Read More

    The Law Office of Matthew Jeffery has years of experience assisting citizens of the United States of America to relocate to Canada, and can assist with all types of visa applications.

    Contact Now

    Inadmissibility Cases

    Foreign nationals or Canadian permanent residents may be subject to allegations of inadmissibility to Canada for various reasons, such as misrepresentation, criminality, or simply failing to meet the criteria of the Act. The Law Office of Matthew Jeffery has years of experience successfully assisting clients to defend themselves in the full range of admissibility matters.

    Admissibility Hearings

    The Immigration Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board may convoke a hearing to decide whether a foreign national or permanent resident is admissible to Canada.
    Read More

    Detention Review Hearings

    In some case the immigration authorities will detain a foreign national and hold them in prison pending their potential removal from Canada, or pending some other immigration process. Immigration detention is considered to be an exceptional measure, and the Immigration Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board will regularly hold hearings known as detention reviews to decide if someone who is detained should be released from detention.
    Read More


    Foreign nationals who are criminally inadmissible to Canada can sometimes qualify for rehabilitation, which means that the criminal offence is no longer considered to be a basis for inadmissibility.
    Read More

    Temporary Resident Permits

    If a foreign national convicted of a criminal offence does not qualify for rehabilitation, they can still apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) if they have a compelling reason why they need to enter Canada for a short time.
    Read More

    Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications

    A further recourse for those who are inadmissible or otherwise do not qualify for a visa under the regular immigration categories, is to apply for an exemption to the criteria of the immigration laws on Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) grounds.
    Read More

    Refugee Protection Claims

    Those seeking Canada’s protection can make a Refugee Claim if they are in Canada.

    A refugee is a person who fears persecution in their home country on the basis of their race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.

    Refugee status can also be established if a person can show a risk to their life or of cruel and
    unusual treatment or punishment, or a risk of torture in their home country.

    The risk faced by the refugee must be a personal one, and not one related to a general risk in the home country. The risk must also be one that the police authorities in the home country are unable or unwilling to protect the refugee claimant from.

    Please contact us for further information.

    Refugee Immigration Appeals

    The Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) is empowered to determine the refugee claims of those foreign nationals who claim refugee status from within Canada.

    If the RPD rejects a claim, an appeal may be made to the Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) where a decision will be made whether to allow or deny the appeal. This is a paper appeal and most cases are decided without a hearing.
    Read More

    Get Professional Help
    We’re Here to Serve You Better
    Professional Help
    How Can We Help?

    main groups of Canadian Immigration services


    Defend Inadmissibility To Canada

    Foreign nationals, including temporary and permanent residents of Canada, may be inadmissible to Canada if they have been convicted of a crime, or for various other reasons…
    Read More

    Temporary Residence

    Temporary Residence Immigration Lawyer

    Foreign nationals who wish to visit, study, or work in Canada temporarily can apply for temporary residence on this basis…
    Read More

    Permanent Residence Immigration Lawyer

    Permanent Residence

    Permanent residence is a type of immigration status that grants foreign nationals the right to live in Canada, including the unlimited right to work, study, and access social services. Permanent resident status can be obtained and renewed through various immigration programs offered by the Canadian government, including as follows:

    Immigration Appeals Lawyer

    Refused immigration and citizenship applications can be appealed to the Federal Court or to the Immigration Appeal Division, depending on the type of case…
    Read More


    Citizenship Lawyer

    Canadian permanent residents can transition to being citizens of Canada by meeting a residency requirement and passing certain tests…
    Read More