How We Can Help with a Federal Self-Employed Program Application
There are several programs that allow entrepreneurs and self-employed persons to immigrate to Canada. The federal government uses the Self-Employed Program to attract individuals who are willing and are able to be self-employed. Note that individuals who intend to be self-employed in Quebec do not qualify under this program. They can instead seek immigration into Canada through the Quebec Self-Employed Program. At the Law Office of Matthew Jeffery, we specialize in Canada immigration law. We have years of experience assisting clients to apply for permanent residence in Canada, including through the Self-Employed Program.
Immigration AssessmentWe will explain all the legal requirements to qualify for the program, which include having the relevant experience, ability, and intentions. This service ensures that you do not hesitate when you clearly qualify and you do not waste time and money if you do not. Required abilities, experience, and other conditions include:
- Ability to make a significant contribution to the sporting or cultural life in Canada as an athlete or artisan at an international level.
- At least a 2-years of experience in athletics or cultural activities, 2-years experience in farm management, or 2-years experience of self-employment in athletics or cultural experience.
- Ability to speak English and/or French
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Passing of prescribed medical tests
- Passing of security risk assessments
- Sufficient funds to begin life in Canada