Intra-Company Transferee Work Permit Application
The Canadian International Mobility Program (IMP) allows employers to get employees from outside Canada without the requirement of a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The IMP has an intra-company transferees category that allows multi-national companies to transfer qualified professionals and employees to Canada temporarily. The primary requirements that must be met by such transfer of professional and employees are:
- Transfers should be for expansion purposes and management needs
- Transfer should be geared towards the improvement of the Canadian business
- Transfers should help the company be more competitive internationally, which would help its Canadian operations.
- The transferee must currently be employed by the multi-national company
- The transferee must be coming to the parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same organization.
- The Canadian company must have rights over the employee in the performance of his/her duties
- The transferee must possess highly unusual and uncommon knowledge in his field or must come in for a senior manager or executive position
- The transferee’s skills must not be readily available on the market
- There should be proof of the transferee’s specialized knowledge such as advanced education in his niche, a knowledge that is unique to the industry or the company, and salary reflecting the specialization of the employee