The immigration authorities have issued a new proclamation limiting the occupations that can apply under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Effective immediately November 8th, 2013, the following occupations will no longer be accepted under the CEC:
- cooks (NOC code 6322)
- food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
- administration officers (NOC 1221)
- administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
- accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
- retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)
The new edict also establishes a sub-cap of 200 applications for each NOC B occupation. NOC A and 0 (management) occupations will not be subject to a sub-cap, but will be subject to a total limit of 12,000 applications for all occupations in 2014. The immigration authorities have also decreed a new “client-friendly” measure whereby those who do not meet the English or French language requirements will have their applications returned along with the processing fee.